Calling All Cheese Lovers!
Our cheese making courses are the perfect gift for any cheese lover or loved one in your life! A truly unique day out in the dales, Lacey’s Cheese host fun, rewarding and informative days making cheese in the Yorkshire dales.
Our courses are running throughout 2022 and we still have some dates left for this year and we have dates now for 2023, early booking is advisable.
We will send a gift card out to you, and a date can either be arranged with you or the recipient of your gift! If you would like to purchase a gift, or would like any more information, please email us on email@example.com, or call 01748 880238.
Our cheese making courses can be tailored for anywhere between 1-10 people, and include:
- A full days cheese making, taught by a knowledgeable & enthusiastic Cheese maker who has been making cheese within the Dales for over 20 years.
- Selection of soft and hard cheese made on the day
- Learn how to grade a cheese
- Put your gloves on and cut & hand wax your own cheese.
- A tasty lunch (cheese, of course!)
- We are the number 1 cheese making course in the UK
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Fun Rewarding hands on experience
- Contributing to the sustainability of local farms and family run businesses
- Located in stunning Reeth in the heart of Swaledale
- Working as a team we take between 250-500 litres of milk and with a bit of science and bit of hard work we turn that into beautiful cheese by the end of the day
- A selection of cheese to take home with you.
- Every review we have is 5 star of which we are incredibly proud of.
At Lacey’s Cheese, we believe that the best way to learn to make cheese is to really get involved in the process! On the day you should expect a ‘hands – on’ approach to cheese making, as you will be turning between 250-500 litres of locally sourced milk into traditionally made Yorkshire cheese. We teach you all the stages of cheese making, such as discussing the origins, grading cheese and hand waxing cheese, as well as teaching you how to make cheese within your own home. Our cheese making courses are informal and fun, and of course there is lots of cheese to try throughout the day!
Courses usually run from 10am – 4pm and we tend to make a brie style cheese plus Yorkshire Wensleydales, although courses for specific cheeses can be arranged! You will need to bring either good strong shoes or clean wellies with you. Aprons and Hairnets are provided.
Prices start from £99pp or £150 for 2 people. Generous discounts can be arranged for groups. You have a full year to redeem your voucher, from the date of purchase.
Reviews from some of our great customers
“Had a great day with Simon learning how to make cheese, totally fascinating. Would definitely recommend it. Great present for any cheese lover.”
“Had the most fantastic day making cheese with Simon Lacey. A blast of a day, loads of fun and learnt such a lot. Simon was a great tutor with some truly cheesy puns! Highly recommend.”
“Had a great day today! It was so good to learn about all the separate processes and the amount of work that goes into making hand made cheese and of course getting to eat it!”
“A wonderful day! Simon went above and beyond to make our family day a special day to remember. He was great fun, full of enthusiasm, and willing to share his passion for cheese making.”
Visit Laceys Cheese for more 5 Star reviews of our fabulous cheese making courses.